Q & As
Video & DVD Reviews
Shop for Body & Soul
Want your site here?
Click to find out how!
|21 Secrets of Fit People|
|by Lana Holt|
- Keep a water bottle with you at all times and drink from it often. Water is the drink
of choice, but if you don't enjoy it (I admit it... I don't), drink Propel,
Diet Ice, Reebok Water, Vitamin Water or some other form of healthy fluid intake.
(Article continued below.)
- Think twice before deciding what to eat and why, making sure that it is healthy and will
provide you good nutrition.
- Measure intake based on activity, not how you "feel." Need should mandate intake, not mood.
- Eat well-balanced meals and remember that excessive calories, even if they are fat-free and
high protein will turn to excess weight!
- If your diet is unbalanced, try a daily vitamin and mineral supplements for total health.
- Focus on short-term fitness goals with an emphasis on completing daily exercise.
- Keep a daily log of what you're actually eating... this includes grabbing a handful of chips
here, the crust of your kid's sandwich, and all your snacking.
- Stick with eating plans you can maintain indefinitely. Remember that no matter how hard you're
working out, if you're consuming too many calories, you'll never see the muscles that lie beneath
layers of fatty tissue.
- Enjoy an occasional (once a week) "unhealthy" treat, but never an "unhealthy" week or
- Limit alcohol intake to special occasions.
- See fitness and health as a privilege, not something to take for granted.
- Enjoy contributing to the health of others by having a partner or friend to exercise with, as
well as recruiting others who desire to feel better and have more energy.
- Avoid monotony by taking up new forms of exercising or using things that keep you motivated
and inspired like new shoes or great music.
- Work to take your exercise to new levels of intensity.
- Subscribe to fitness magazines to keep
focused on health as an overall way of life.
- Invest in the right tools, good shoes, a health club membership, a portable MP3 player,
fitness equipment, a personal trainer, etc.
- Don't compare your body to others. Instead, work to be your personal best.
- Move beyond the boundaries of weight loss and into total fitness. Measure success by the way
your clothes fit, and not a number on a scale.
- Make it your goal to do some form of exercise 6 – 7 days a week.
- Create an exercise schedule the day before, instead of leaving it to chance or waiting to
"find" the time. If our last two Presidents of the United States can find the time to work out 5
days a week, you can find the time too!
- Get adequate amounts of sleep. Remember that people who exercise regularly fall asleep faster
and sleep more soundly.
About The Author:
Lana Holt is a fitness professional working for Powder Blue Productions. Powder Blue Productions
is a fitness minded company. We train instructors to teach
and PiYo™, 2 programs
that put the fun back into exercise. In addition, we offer an in home fitness program called Turbo Jam™.
The Latest Articles from All Spirit Fitness: